Analyst, Venture Growth
Do not apply if you do not have at least 1-3 full-time years of experience in marketing, project management, or consulting. Please note this is NOT an entry-level job.
SeedInvest is seeking an Analyst to join our Venture Growth team in Manhattan, New York. The Analyst will be the main point of contact for fundraising companies post-launch, helping them build investment theses and execute marketing strategies.
As an Analyst at SeedInvest, you'll be expected to be very good at creating data-driven strategies to market investment opportunities on SeedInvest.
And you will...
- Support the Venture Growth team in marketing the largest deals on the platform
- Work closely with SeedInvest entrepreneurs on their fundraising strategies, advising on the best marketing practices to raise capital online
- Develop and write content during the campaign to better educate investors on each investment opportunity
- Iterate on campaign tactics to maximize the amount raised for each funding round
- Coordinate and promote pitch events in-person and online
- Create, track, and analyze weekly reports to subsequently improve strategies
- Work cross-team to constantly optimize existing internal processes
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree
- Prior experience in marketing, project management, or consulting
- Demonstrated background in marketing/ advertising & making data-driven decisions to optimize strategies cross channel
- Confident in speaking with C-level executives, founders, and management teams, with an ability to quickly build trusting relationships
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative thinker, solution-oriented when presented with complex problems
- High-energy, personable, and team-oriented
Some extra credit that we'd love to see:
- Prior experience with a startup
- Interest and/or background in venture capital and technology
- SIE, Series 82, and Series 63 licenses (if not already licensed, you must be prepared to take exams within 2-3 months of joining)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and/or data visualization tools
Cultural Fit and Some Things to Think About
We are looking for someone:
- That is sincerely excited and passionate about supporting startups and founders, democratizing venture, and SeedInvest (this is very important).
- With a heavy personal emphasis on quality results and integrity of execution.
- With a strong bias for action (ideas alone are worth little).
- With a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Can listen intently and digest constant feedback, and be willing to give radically direct, but respectful feedback.
- With an unending drive and a thirst to self-learn and self-improve.
- Constantly strives to be the best member of a high-performing team.
- That adds to and augments our culture and not simply fits in.
We encourage you to reflect on and later be prepared to talk about:
- How have you shown in prior experience a consistent track record of success in related roles and responsibilities?
- Are the cultural/core values you see implied above things that excite you? Where do you "fit in", where do you fall short, and where can you really bring it?
- How do you feel about joining a mission-driven team? What are your near/long-term career goals and how does SeedInvest fit with those goals?
- What are all your concerns about SeedInvest, this role, and either as a fit for you? Do those concerns excite you or make this position less worth pursuing?