Please do not apply if you do not have at least 1-2 years of experience in startups, investment banking, consulting, compliance, legal, and/or PE/VC.
SeedInvest is seeking an Analyst to join our Operations team in New York, New York. We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here at SeedInvest.
You'll be expected to be very, very good at (the more you have in your application that shows a track record of success with related responsibilities, the better):
- Project Management:
- Quarterbacking execution of company onboarding, including the setting and managing of timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables throughout the process;
- Managing complex projects under tight timelines; and
- Defining and iterating on operational processes.
- Due Diligence:
- Performing confirmatory due diligence on companies that have applied to raise on the platform; and
- Conducting a thorough review of company offering materials for compliance with FINRA rules.
- Relationship Management:
- Communicating and working actively with entrepreneurs and people across the entire SeedInvest team.
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated project management and timeline management skills
Some extra credit that we'd love to see:
- Prior experience with a startup
- Prior experience at an investment bank, in an operational role, or law firm
- J.D. or CPA experience
- SIE, Series 82, and Series 63 licenses (if not already licensed, you must be prepared to take exams within 2-3 months of joining)
Cultural Fit and Some Things to Think About
We are looking for someone:
- That is sincerely excited and passionate about supporting startups and founders, democratizing venture, and SeedInvest (this is very important).
- With a heavy personal emphasis on quality results and integrity of execution.
- With a strong bias for action (ideas alone are worth little).
- With a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Can listen intently and digest constant feedback, and be willing to give radically direct, but respectful feedback.
- With an unending drive and a thirst to self-learn and self-improve.
- Constantly strives to be the best member of a high-performing team.
- That augments our culture and not simply fits in.