Do not apply if you do not have at least 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, wealth management, private banking, fundraising, consulting, and/or PE/VC.
SeedInvest is seeking an Associate to join our Capital Markets team in Manhattan, New York.
The Capital Markets Associate will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with accredited investors, family offices, venture firms, and other high-value investors, and introducing to them investment opportunities that fit their preferences and investment profiles.
We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here at SeedInvest.
As a Capital Markets Associate, you'll be expected to be very good at:
- Building a book of clients
- Executing outreach strategies aimed at growing SeedInvest's network of accredited, high-net-worth, and family office investors
- Serving as a preferred point of contact and implementing scalable engagement strategies
- Managing existing investor relationships on an ongoing basis
- Introducing investment opportunities that align with investor-specific preferences
- Facilitating investor-specific due diligence leveraging internal and external resources
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, wealth management, private banking, fundraising, consulting, and/or PE/VC
- Working knowledge of private market capital formation
Some extra credit that we'd love to see:
- Series 7 or 82 and 63 licenses
- Background and/or interest in technology and startups
- Prior experience with client management and relationship-building
- Demonstrated experience quickly establishing oneself as a trusted authority
Cultural Fit and Some Things to Think About
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and SeedInvest (this is important)
- With a heavy personal emphasis on quality results and integrity of execution
- With a strong bias for action (ideas alone are worth little)
- With a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With an unending drive and thirst to self-learn and self-improve
- Who agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- Who is transparent and honest with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Who adds to and augments our culture and does not simply fit in
We encourage you to reflect on and later be prepared to talk about:
- How have you shown in prior experience a consistent track record of success in related roles and responsibilities?
- Are the cultural/core values you see implied above things that excite you? Where do you "fit in", where do you fall short, and where can you really bring it?
- How do you feel about joining a mission-driven team? What are your near/long-term career goals and how does SeedInvest fit with those goals?
- What are all your concerns about SeedInvest, this role, and either as a fit for you? Do those concerns excite you or make this position less worth pursuing?
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.